Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 1

-->
Here are a few interesting things I have already discovered in England:

1.     Everything sounds more friendly when introduced with “miss” or “sir”
2.     Brits really seems to like spreadable things on their sandwiches… Since chicken salad and tuna are not my favorite, this is a little alarming
3.     The dollar store = Poundland! Tell me I’m not the only one who thinks this is funny.
4.     Pence is much cuter than “cents”
5.     Though books in general cost more, I have already discovered a bookstore that sells all its books for 2 pounds
6.     England looks a lot like Northern Washington, just a lot older. Everything is old here.
7.     Sheep in fields really are as picturesque as they are in photos. At least the ones I saw today were. It was impressive.
8.     Since England is so close to other countries, I have to deal with French accents as well as English ones. Didn’t even think of that.
9.     Libraries are always the best place to find information. Any information.

No comments:

Post a Comment