Friday, August 1, 2014

Control

I'm a tiny little bit dyslexic. Not much, just enough to make spelling difficult and to switch around numbers more than some. Usually it doesn't bother me - just pay attention to reading numbers out loud and be constantly aware of double checking spelling.

Today though, I switched numbers and letters around constantly while completely paperwork with my boss. She would read a number to me and I would have it backwards. A customer or two had to spell their names twice. Apparently I was told to type "bry" and spelled "byr" several times before getting it right. I am completely convinced that I was spelling it right the entire time, but that's another story.

Anyway, it's weird to have your brain mess with inputs to spit out a different result. Not my favourite experience and shows that I probably can't stay up until midnight reading all that often.

Mostly though, I realize how much I hate being out of control. That's my safety zone. As my perceived control over my actions and environment grows, I feel more confident to explore and adventure. But take that control away, well, I'm not happy. Probably something I should work on.

1 comment: