Thursday, August 7, 2014

Memories

Today I sat with my mom in a beautiful tea shop, just talking and enjoying each other's company.

There are so many favourite memories.

The Nosebag watching my dad take his first bite of clotted cream.

Tea and biscuits in an attic room as my roommate and I watched North & South.

Tea and scones on the floor of another room gushing over David Tennant's pretty face.

Countless conversations in the Rendezvous as we recovered from a long day at the library.

The day the stress of Oxford made me break into tears and my roommate was there to drag my off to a comforting cup, despite her own busy day.

Snow piled high around a Finnish house as a friend's mom lays out an amazing tea.

Another roommate walking in to find me curled up on her bed in tears after a recent breakup and promptly asking if I needed tea, which she proceeded to make and then watch anime with me.

Mint tea made with loving hands and much complaining.

Deciding on iced tea flavours with Mom.

Carefully cleaning and polishing her old oak recipe box in order to fill it with our bags. Seeing many memories and stories hidden in its hinges.

Handing a 5 year-old his first cup, and watching him spill it all over himself.

Memories. No wonder the British are so obsessed with tea. It's like drinking a bit of home, all the different homes, even when I feel so far away.



No comments:

Post a Comment