Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Update

No profound thoughts for today! Instead I'd like to give an update on my goings on, as I seem to have settled down at least until Christmas.

I'm living at home with my parents and brother, thoroughly enjoying some more time with the four of us. There's a part of me that's still wanting to be out the door, but time spent watching tv, eating meals, and chatting about our days is much more important. Also, I have no money. Ha.

But I do have a job! I'm working fulltime at a birdseed shop in the bellevue area. It's fun to listen to people's stories and give practical advice about how to attract any type of bird in any situation. The hours are good, the pay is ok, and I like my coworker (yes, I have exactly one coworker + one boss).

Grad school is definitely on hold, but I'm looking at possibly going for an environmental policy masters in a couple years. Not for a while, but it's nice to have a goal again.

Most importantly, there is a male Anna's hummingbird frequenting our backyard :3 Mom seems to have adopted him as her new friend. It's cute. I'm happy. Yay.

So there you have it. My life in a few short paragraphs. Not as interesting as it could be, I guess. Still, it's a fun sort of life, with the potential for flexibility and to meet new people and new experiences. Could be worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment