Saturday, June 14, 2014

Father's Day

Tomorrow I get to celebrate my dad. Except, I forgot a present. And a card. And everything father's-day-ish.

So, I'm not winning an A for best daughter right now. I'm not failing - I could have gotten him smelly socks - but I have nothing interesting going for me either.

My dad's reaction to all of this "It's enough to have you as my daughter, I don't need a present."

Now, every good dad knows to say something like this in reaction to his children, but how many children truely believe it? I am able to 100% tell you that my dad is perfectly happy getting a hug tomorrow morning instead of a gift. He loves me and my brother enough that he doesn't need presents or cards to celebrate it.

While I'm disapointed that no inspiration for that one perfect gift struck and I haven't given the time to write a meaningful card, it's special to understand that Dad loves me and not the things I do.

Thanks Dad! Happy Father's Day! (Also, it's not fair that you gave me a gift instead of giving you one :P Maybe I make you cookies so we're even?)

No comments:

Post a Comment