Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Confidence

My mom never takes good photos - it's one of my dad's complaints in life. But recently we went on a hike and took some pictures, which capture my mom beautifully.

So what changed? That's easy, about 60 lbs. Now my mom doesn't have to believe my dad and I when we say she's pretty, she actually thinks it. Also, she has accomplished something that might have seemed impossible a few years ago and has lost the pain she had in her knee. Giving up many of her favourite foods has totally been a success and granted her so much in return.

Mom, thank you for this life lesson: it is worth doing the hard things. Taking the time and the effort to gain confidence, to know who I am, and to build relationships is worth it. Losing weight was a journey for you and I will use the memories to inspire me.

No comments:

Post a Comment