Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Looking Forward

I'm not particularly excited to graduate. My friends are wonderful and learning has (almost always) been a joy. School is a safety net where I find purpose and belonging wrapped up in a neat package. Except, it's time to leave and enter the real world.

To drum up some excitement about this transition, I have a list of things I'm looking forward to about graduation:

1. I COULD GET A CAT ONE DAY SOON
2. Setting up a kitchen of my own
3. Exploring new places
4. Meeting new people and hearing more stories
5. Settling in a church
6. Having time to learn what I want to learn
7. Living with my family again (I know, I know, I'm the worst young adult ever)
8. Not having to constantly discuss things I just don't care about
9. And being able to have the discussions I am interested in
10. Not needing to move once every eight months or less
11. Cooking with my mom
12. Becoming a real adult
13. Starting a life that is all my own
14. Having my very own potted plants ^.^
15. Maybe doing some bird-watching again

No comments:

Post a Comment