Friday, December 13, 2013

Frost

My faith has been struggling lately. There are a lot of facets to life that just don't fit smoothly into Christianity. That's the way it should be and it's just a part of life, but it doesn't always make it easy to understand. I'd verbalize my questions to you except that I'm not really sure what they are yet. There are days when I feel like pursuing God is hopeless and all of the answers that any of my wise mentors can give me simply feel flat.

Then, there was this morning. A delicate frost covers everything, even the spiderwebs, and I can feel the magic. I can envision an all-powerful painter taking joy in his work as he carefully blows frost onto every surface, smiling as his children wonder at this masterpiece.

I know that there is a secular, scientific explanation for this, but on days like today, a tiny hope blossoms that this secular knowledge can co-exist with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment