Thursday, March 14, 2013

My Week in Timezones

It's been a while... Sorry for my lack of posts! I just finished Oxford's 8-week term, so I am done with my tutorials. However, I am still here for another 4 weeks while I take classes with the program I came with. It's rather confusing, but basically, I am done with my official Oxford education and now I am taking two different classes: British Landscapes and a History Seminar. You'll be hearing a lot about British Landscapes because we go on field trips to various historical sites around the country - starting with Stonehenge and Sailsbury tomorrow! I get to see one of the original four copies of the Magna Carta. Eeeeeeeeeee!!!!! :D I'm a tiny bit excited. Just a little bit.

Anyway, because we just finished term, we all got five days off for our spring break. I went home to Finland with my Finnish friend and we had a lovely time relaxing and freezing in 20 degree weather. Pictures and stories to come!

But to give you an idea of the craziness of my life, here are the changing times I had to deal with:

On Thursday I was 8 hours ahead of my family in Seattle.
On Friday I went to Finland, then I was 10 hours ahead.
On Saturday America (but not Europe) observed daylight savings time, making me 9 hours ahead.
On Wednesday I traveled "home" to England and am currently sitting at 7 hours ahead - until Saturday, then it's back to 8 hours.

This is the craziness of my life right now. Places have become home in a way I never could have seen several months ago. I am doing things that I never imagined being able to do and I'm growing because of them.

I think the timezones of this week demonstrate this very well. I'll get back to stories and pictures tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment