Sunday, March 3, 2013

Easter

I'm excited for Easter. It might be my favorite holiday of the year. As I learn more and more about the world, the church, and just people in general, I find it so hard to find hope without an undercurrent of fear or shame. Except on Easter.

Easter is a day when families gather together.
When Jesus rose from the dead.
When I can celebrate God's power instead of stuggling with my sin.
When Christianity shows its best face to the world: hope, joy, love reflected in Christ.

This is a day when I can be unashamedly happy. Jesus rose from the dead and I can celebrate that with believers all over the world without worrying about denomination or practice. Because, on Easter, the focus is on my Lord, not on the world's arguements.

On a less spiritual note, I love Easter because I don't have Easter traditions. My family and I rarely do the same thing for Easter twice in a row, so anywhere can feel like home. I don't have to wistfully wish that they are around me, I can celebrate with my friends without an awful gloom of homesickness.

I love Easter and its just around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment