Thursday, January 22, 2015

Practical Learning

In the past five days I have:

- Learned to milk a goat
- Made friends with three lovely cats, one of whom just likes me because I help milk the goats
- Investigated the murder of three pullets, apparently a daring crime by a weasely-type creature
- Fed the adult chickens as well as the slight creepy ducks, who have been charged with the brutal drowning of a turkey
- Learned how to make good soil out of composted goat poo and rice hulls - it's all about the poo, fyi. Great for growing things. Though the compost will pack down too far, so you need rice hulls or straw for aeration.
- Learned that some cultures are actually accepting of Christian tracts. I didn't believe, but some others of my school handed them out and I saw people reading them. It was so odd.
- Watched Solly the dog bully the horses

It's great good fun! My Spanish is improving daily and I'm enjoying talking to so many people with different backgrounds. 

There are also lots of birds, though I haven't gotten a chance to go birding yet. So far the highlights have been a summer tanager, rufous tailed hummer, and blue gray tanager.

No comments:

Post a Comment