Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Perfect in Love

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love.
- John 4:18

Being a child of God means I am perfectly loved. God loves me in every moment of all of my days. When I am lonely, he loves me. When I doubt, he loves me. When I feel inadequate, he still manages to love me. This is more than the loving patience of my parents, it’s so strong it casts out fear.

Therefore, as a child of God, I have no need to worry about my future. It holds whatever God wants it to contain. If God wants me in grad school, he will make that clear – hopefully by setting some sort of passion in my path to actually study. If he wants me to be hopping around everywhere, I can do that too. It’s God’s life, not mine. The only job he has given me is to become more perfect in love – becoming more faithful and less afraid. Yes, my occupation could have a role in this, but it is not my primary function. Thank the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment