Thursday, February 14, 2013

Valentine's from Home!

I've never been a big Valentine's Day person. Getting the candy from friends was always nice when I was little, but I've always thought the cards and hearts were a tiny bit tacky. However, this Valentine's Day is different. It doesn't matter how much I like the traditions, I want my boyfriend here. Tea with friends is a truly lovely thing, but I'm sure you'll agree that it simply isn't the same.

So when I got a package from my boyfriend containing my Valentine's present, I was just a bit excited. Well, first confused because it was about as large as my torso and I had to lug it up a hill... But! After that it was so nice to have something from him to open. It's like I got a visit! Or I tell myself that anyway.

So, that was going to be the end of my Valentine's Day, which was more than fine with me. He didn't even get a present from me, just a sappy letter.

But then! I check my mail a couple days ago and there's a card! With adorable stamps (postage and traditional ink ones)! It's from his mom and it says "lovely" on the front. I have only met her a few times and I don't particularly know her well, so there was no need at all for a Valentine's card. But I got one. And it made me happy.

So! This is a picture of my Valentine's Day. I'm so grateful for the people who reach out and send me a bit of home.




No comments:

Post a Comment