Sunday, January 19, 2014

VoteSmart

Ten weeks in Montana on a ranch 12 miles down a mostly unused road with no cell reception and a room door that doesn't enjoy the idea of closing. It's going to be an adventure, but it already has potential to include both working hard and a lot of laughing. Here's an idea of my new home:

Turkey tracks. The guy in charge of the property has decided to feed a local flock of wild turkeys, so now they know to head down to the barn every morning for breakfast. I view them as "mildly domesticated." Other critters include the lodge cat and the four ranch horses. 

Here's the barn. My roommate and I fed the horses today, which was a lot of fun. All of them are adorably fuzzy, as is appropriate for this much snow. All the snow. I want snow shoes.  
Moose Lake. Haven't seen a moose yet, but apparently they pop up occasionally.

Basically it is gorgeous and peaceful here. I'm excited to do some more exploring after I get used to the altitude a bit more. Definitely an altitude wimp here.

1 comment:

  1. So cool. I'm so excited for you! It looks lovely and peaceful where you are. Looking forward to learning more about your new temporary home as you do :) <3

    ReplyDelete